Styling: Alex Walls, Photography: Sophie Bayly
There’s no need to trek for miles this summer when you can create an exotic retreat like this in your own backyard. With everything you need to camp out for the day, this homemade picnic possie welcomes you in for a cool cocktail and a lazy afternoon of R&R.
In the summer months, our family loves to be outdoors from mid-morning until the sun goes down. The boys will busy themselves playing or working around the house while I lovingly and lazily watch from my throne under the shade of our Hula Umbrella.
With room enough for all the essentials piled on top, this A&C Linen Flat Sheet does double duty as a picnic blanket for all the family in my favourite colour pop of terracotta. Bringing a large ottoman outside provides the perfect platform for platters of delicious summer fruits and cold drinks (or just a comfy seat!).
With friends often coming and going throughout the day, we love to have some great outdoor lighting sorted for when the last of the daylight fades but we’re not quite ready to move inside – these battery-operated bamboo lanterns are a favourite (simple, stylish and practical!).
Bring the beachside to your own backyard this summer – it’s a lovely way to enjoy a different part of your home!
- Paint: DULUX GOLDEN DOWNS
- HULA Backyard Umbrella, $299.99
- Bamboo Lantern (set of 2), $309.99
- Velvet Square Ottoman, $1,099.99
- Willow Kali Teak Chair, $1,299.99
- Salem Tall Vase, $89.99
- Elm Serving Board, $99.99
- Mustard Tapa Plates, $11.99
- Ceramic Mugs, $37.99
- Side Plate, $19.99
- Bedouin Beach Towel, $129.99
- Olive Napkins set, $39.99
- Sunnydip Hat, $109.99
- Terracotta Flat Sheet, $159.99
- Linen Square Cushion, $149.99
- Linen Round Cushion, $149.99
- St Agni Paris Woven Mules, $299.99